Does this sound like you?
- Want to perform oil analysis but don’t know where to start?
- Does your oil analysis program need standardization or an overhaul?
Ready to achieve maximum efficiency?
Routine testing helps you stay on top of and manage the risk to your equipment and your efficiency. Keep informed and one step ahead of trouble.
*Should the PQ index be higher than the FE content in PPM, then analytical ferrography testing will be made an option for an additional fee.
- Elemental Metals by ICP
- Oxidation/Nitration by FTIR
- ISO Particle Count
- Viscosity @ 40 & 100 °C
- Viscosity Index
- Acid Number
- PQ Index *
- Water by KF (ppm)
Inside the Artec Oil Analysis Starter Package:
Sample collection methods, including the bottle selection, are key to an accurate lubricant analysis. We've made collection simple with our turn-key kit.
- Designed for collection of 10 samples.
- Vacuum pump with case
- 10 double sealed 3 oz. sample jars
- 10 integrated labels for sample jars
- 50 feet ¼” hose
- 5 pre-addressed and prepaid USPS mailers (1 each for 2 samples)
- 5 additional pre-addressed USPS mailers
- Laminated instructions “How to take an oil sample”
Why partner with Artec Machine for your Oil Analysis Program?
- Stability: Reports remain in Artec database
- Trend: All results are graphed to identify trends
- Comprehensive: Suite of analyses which provides the most valuable data about your installation
- Eco-Friendly: Reduce environmental impact with the possibility of using oil longer
- Support: Artec is at the ready to answer questions/concerns
- Expert report analysis by our gearbox maintenance specialists.
- Phone consultation with an Artec Machine Systems engineer to cover results and equipment performance expectations.
Cost of each sample analyzed is US$99
What Data and Information will my report show?
In your report, you'll find the results of the General Lubrication Analysis
A color-coded scale ranging in severity 0-4, the severity of this report is displayed in a larger box with a white number on a colored field. The overall report severity is based on comments, not individual test results.
This area contains information about the account, component, sample, filter, product (fluid) and miscellaneous information. Some examples of miscellaneous information include the time the sample was taken or the initials of the person who took the sample.
The actual test results are included in the sample report. Results from past samples are displayed above the current results.
The elemental analysis data will detect wear particles, contaminants, multisource metals, and additive metals.
Other tests may be performed based on the fluid type. Complimentary expert analysis by Artec Machine and telephone consultation to discuss your test results are also included.
Test results will have a colored background that coordinates with the severity of the scale at the top.
Test fields with blue font contain a hyperlink to a description and additional information about the test, including possible sources.
Historical Comments from previous sample reports are included along with the severity of the overall report. Messages about the sample will be posted below the comments with a date stamp and the user who posted it.
How to Take an Oil Sample
Samples need to include fluid that best represents the oil circulating through the system during normal operations. The Artec Machine Oil analysis kit makes sampling convenient and simple.
- Your sample kit includes all the items you need to collect a clean sample.
- Directions will be emailed to you upon order and also included within the sample kit.
- The analysis includes our expert opinion on your results and a complimentary telephone consult on your results.