- Parallel shaft gearboxes with horizontal axes (single and multi-stage) and vertical axes i.e. series GB, G, GN, GS, SG.
- Planetary gearboxes with rotating or stationary planet carriers.
- MULTICOM multiple output shaft gearboxes for driving compressors
- MAAG Original Synchronizing clutch couplings
Irrespective of whether the gearboxes are intended for compressor, generator or pump drives, we have always welcomed – and will continue to welcome – the challenge of finding an optimum solution for our customers.
The main applications are drivers for:
- Centrifugal compressors
- Axial compressors
Auxiliary Gas Injection Trains
The Hibernia Oil Platform, Grand Banks Newfoundland Canada uses MAAG Gears for their main and auxiliary gas injection trains. main gas injection installation module
- Driver: LM2500 with Dresser-Rand DR-61 Power Turbines
- Driver: Multi-Tandem Dresser-Rand high-pressure centrifugal compressors
- TYPE: GB-52 Power: 28,872 HP (each)
- Speed input: 3428 rpm
- Speed output: 10933 rpm
The increasingly exacting requirements of gearbox design have also involved ever-increasing pitch line velocities. Pitch line velocities exceeding 220 m/s have been achieved during back-to-back testing of gearboxes developed for basic research. These gearboxes transmit about 30 MW at pinion speeds of 16,000 rpm.
The knowledge and experience gained in these processes have led to the development of:
- Optimized center distance and face width.
- Great design flexibility and rapid adaptation to customer requirements
- Radial bearings developed and tested by Maag on our own testbed enhance the acknowledged high reliability of our high-performance gearboxes.
- High efficiency and hence low lubricating oil requirements that bar any comparison.
- Separate axial and radial bearings.
- Single or double helical gears.
- Gear cases hardened by the CARBOMAAG process.
- Gears precision-ground on the world's most accurate gear-grinding machines; With longitudinal and profile tooth-flank modifications compensate for the previously computed operational deformations under load so as to obtain an optimum tooth-contact pattern.
- A quality assurance system based on the requirements of the ISO 9001 standard embraces all activities. Standard and also the environmental responsibility of ISO 14001 embraces all activities.
Close collaboration with our customers and constant involvement in their many and varied requirements has kept us at the leading edge of technology and competitive in terms of price, quality, and performance. Down through all these years, the experience and new technical know-how gained have been immediately applied to our designs. This has led to custom-made high-performance gearboxes that give enduring service all over the world.