- Parallel shaft gearboxes with horizontal axes (single and multi-stage) and vertical axes i.e. AS-Series Custom Parallel Shaft Gearboxes
- Planetary gearboxes with rotating or stationary planet carriers.
- Multiple output shaft gearboxes for driving compressors or turbo expanders.
- Synchronizing clutch couplings
Irrespective of whether the gearboxes are intended for compressor, generator or pump drives, we have always welcomed – and will continue to welcome – the challenge of finding an optimum solution for our customers.
The main applications are drivers for:
- Centrifugal compressors
- Axial compressors
Featured Artec Custom High Speed Gearboxes
High Speed Increasing Gear Unit
The Artec High Speed Increasing Gear Unit is a specially designed system utilized in the field of integrated gas compressor drives. Designed and manufactured strictly in accordance with the most current applicable AGMA gear design standards, this system features three compressing impellers that are integrally installed on the high speed pinion shafts at ~37,000 rpm and ~50,000 rpm. The input shaft is coupled to 600 Kw 50Hz electric drive motor drive.
Integrated Gas Turbine Genset
The Artec Integrated Gas Turbine Genset is a 4,600 HP integrated gas turbine power transmission System for compact power generation units. This GT to Gearbox close coupled system is equipped with 2 Power-Take-off units fully adaptable to a variety of customer requirements. These high speed epicyclic gears units are fully adaptable to 60 Hz and 50 Hz applications. Also featured are self-aligning common base mount system GT/Gear for trouble-free assembly and simplified maintenance. An external combined pressure feed lubrication system was specially designed to operate in a variety of extreme operating climates.
Close collaboration with our customers and constant involvement in their many and varied requirements has kept us at the leading edge of technology and competitive in terms of price, quality, and performance. Down through all these years, the experience and new technical know-how gained have been immediately applied to our designs. This has led to custom-made high-performance gearboxes that give enduring service all over the world.
The knowledge and experience gained in these processes have led to the development of:
- Optimized center distance and face width.
- Great design flexibility and rapid adaptation to customer requirements
- High efficiency and hence low lubricating oil requirements that bar any comparison.
- Separate axial and radial bearings.
- Single or double helical gears.
- Gear cases are hardened.
- Gears precision-ground on the world's most accurate gear-grinding machines; With longitudinal and profile tooth-flank modifications compensate for the previously computed operational deformations under load so as to obtain an optimum tooth-contact pattern.
- A quality assurance system based on the requirements of the ISO 9001 standard embraces all activities.