North Branford, CT 06471
26 Commerce Drive, North Branford, CT, USA
- Hands-on Mechanical Skills with larger equipment
- Computer skills required (MS Office/Excel)
- Operational field experience with turbo-machinery equipment a plus
- Out of town service approx. 40-50% of the year
- Relocation to the North Branford area of Connecticut, a must
A well-established engineering company located in North Branford; CT is seeking an experienced field service technician. This activity is in support of our existing customer base. Work will be based in-shop, North Branford or on-site at the customers facilities located throughout North America (US / Canada / periodic to South America). On the job, training will start with a 6 month in-shop hands-on apprenticeship program.
Supervise overhauling of customized gear systems including installation and commissioning. Includes ability to properly inspect and diagnose damaged gear rotors/bearings, install replacement gear rotors/bearings and test. We supply customized gearboxes and gear systems used in a multitude of applications. Ability to interact with customer a must. Position includes the ability to develop and optimize our existing customer base of installations with reporting.
Hands on experience with rotating equipment (gears, compressors, pumps generator and gas/steam Turbines) is a definitive plus. Ability to speak Spanish or German, is also very positive asset. Good basic verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work in a team-oriented, technical environment. Proficient in MS-word, excel, outlook computer systems. Traveling is required after the initial training period. Initial wages & benefits based on experience. Company will provide medical benefits. Paid two weeks’ vacation after one year. Includes a 401K type retirement account.
Core duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Install equipment, ensuring all components and assemblies are properly integrated
- Application support to meet customer expectations
- Phone service and on-site trouble shooting and repair
- Prepare service reports to document activities
- Maintain equipment and work area in a clean and orderly condition
- Follow prescribed and standard safety regulations
- Identify and coordinate parts required for repair with customer and service department
- Suggest / recommend spare parts / corrective actions, providing written service call reports to service department / customers
- Keep accurate records of all hours logged, inventory parts used, and services performed
- Work in shop to assist production/repairs/overhauls when not traveling to client sites
- Travel to North American customer sites, complete drug, alcohol and safety testing per individual client requirements
- Must have a valid driver's license and a clean MVR
- Perform other and related duties as assigned, directed or within the scope of overall responsibilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Self-motivated with maturity to self-manage and work independently
- Strong decision-making skills
- Ability to effectively respond to emergency situations
- Strong organization skills with an attention to detail
- Ability to understand technical context
- Collects and researches data
- Identifies and resolves problems
- Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Develops alternative solutions
- Prior experience with mechanical systems, industrial machines, and /or robotics
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting and repairing mechanical and electrical devices
- Advanced mechanical skills
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, diagrams, schematics and machine specifications
- Ability to creatively and independently troubleshoot and solve technical problems
- Excellent customer service skills, self-motivated, able to work independently and respond to emergency situations, well organized
- Ability to effectively respond to emergency situations
- Proficiency with PC, Microsoft Word, Excel
- Good health and physical ability is necessary
- Availability for substantial travel within North America
Education and/or Experience:
- Engineering or Technical degree or certification in mechanical or marine engineering work, or similar field
- At least five (5) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and industry experience.
English: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions,
and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before
groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Knowledge of the metric system.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position is located in North Branford, CT. This position requires 40% - 60% travel. Travel includes outside the local area and overnight.
Expected Hiring Date
1 to 3 weeks
Artec offers a highly competitive compensation package that includes contributions towards health insurance, 401(k) matching, and other non-salary benefits. Exact salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Additional Job Details
Health insurance, Retirement plan, Paid time off, Flexible schedule
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is: Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous, Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction, People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with
people and working on group projects, Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction.
Monday to Friday, Overtime
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org